Are you looking for a student or intern project? Are you looking for a professional development project you can collaborate on to learn new skills or advance your current skills? Would you like to be able to share your work with others, such as in a job interview?
Dale is looking for passionate people to help with all aspects of the Maestro project. All work will be open-source, which means you retain ownership of your work and you are not restricted by a non-disclosure agreement.
A wide range of interests can be accomodated, including hardware and embedded software development, SaS and cloud application development, Unix system administration, enterprise business process development and technical writing. Some project opportunities include:
- Develop and implement enterprise business processes using Tryton, including engineering design release and change management, sales, purchasing, manufacturing planning and execution, inventory control, financial reporting, project management, etc.
- Develop connected embedded system software using popular rapid prototyping platforms including Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone and LaunchPad, coding in C, C++ or Python, on baremetal or using an RTOS, and incorporating communication technologies such as WiFi, LPWAN, MQTT, JSON-RPC and XML-RPC.
- Develop SaaS or cloud software, either as a stand-alone application or integrated with Tryton as a module.
- Unix sysadmin and app development (BSD, Linux, networking, mail and communication stacks, file sharing inter-operability, web-app hosting).
- Develop effective GTK-based cross-platform Windows and MAC OS desktop applications.
- Create engaging user experiences and user interface designs (UX and UI).
- Create informative effective technical documentation and training materials, including on-line courses and video presentations.
Dale will help you scope a suitable project, provide you with background knowledge and direction to get you started, and be your mentor during the project. As project manager, Dale will work with you to define tasks, deliverables, and milestones, and provide guidance towards successful completion, following industry standard project management best practices.
Contact Dale using the Contact form here to discuss potential collaboration. You can also find Dale on LinkedIn.