I’m Dale Scott, P.Eng. I help product visionaries accelerate new product development ROI through pragmatic project management and data-driven NPI using a strategy of Transparency and Trust to reduce risk and preserve capital.
How can I help?
I can help you refine your product vision to expedite design and manufacturing, analze feasibility and cost to aid decision making, create a proof-of-concept for vision validation , and investor confidence, build prototypes for market testing, scale production to meet demand, or refine an existing product to reduce cost, increase quality and continue manufacturing.
Consulting and contract services are also available for a currated selection of open source software applications that support engineering design, project management and business operation, including installation, user training and hosting services.
Contact me now using the Contact form to discuss potential opportunities, and connect with me on LinkedIn.
- Embedded product design (electronics, firmware, mechanical, cloud)
- Project management
- Verification and Validating testing (V&V)
- Design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- New Product Introduction to manufacturing (NPI)
- Quality Management Systems (QMS, FRACAS/CAPA)
- Engineering design asset and document control
- Team recruiting and hiring
- Technical writing
- Re-engineered a mature product to provide continued manufacturing, improved performance, adding new features, and creating a updated platform for future development.
- Developed a cost-effective proof-of-concept to validate a new product concept.
- Captured scattered engineering design data and captured hierarchical Bills of Materials (BOMs) and supply chain data in a cost effective Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for a single source of truth with effective control and actionable data for planning and forecasting.
- Implemented project controls for an engineering product development project to provide visibility for data-driven decision making, including project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Kanban task board, timesheet time recording, and project velocity reporting.
- Developed traceable product requirements, verification and validation test plans, and manufacturing test procedures to effectively scale product manufacturing.
- Documented engineering and manufacturing processes to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements in process audits.
- Provided guidance for effective use of open source software to reduce development schedule, cost and risk.
- Wrote technical documentation to meet requirements, including datasheets, user manuals, manufacturing work instructions and quality system process descriptions.