Dale Scott, P.Eng. is a results-oriented technical professional.
- Accomplished managing all phases of the product development life cycle, including product management, engineering development, manufacturing, and support.
- Believes in a strategy of transparency with trust.
- Values collaborative teamwork in decision making.
- Implements data-driven processes for measurable repeatable results.
Dale is a Professional Member of APEGA and registered Professional Engineer. He has a B.Eng. in Computer Engineering from the University of Victoria, a certificate in PMI® PMBOK®-based Project Management, and a certificate in Computer Science specializing in Business Systems, from Mount Royal College. Dale believes an effective organization achieves clarity through crisp, efficient and consistent business processes, tailored to the goals, strategy and people of an organization.
Residing in Calgary, AB, Canada, Dale accepts short and long-term contract and employee roles, working locally or remote. Contact Dale using the Contact form here to discuss potential opportunities. You can also find Dale on LinkedIn.
- Guided the New Product Introduction (NPI) process for a wireless IoT agricultural product. Coordinated engineering, manufacturing, marketing, sales, finance, and executive interests. Engineering sub-projects for cloud application development (agile methodology), embedded hardware client device and firmware, and gateway firmware development.
- Developed strategy options and budgets for new product development by an agricultural technology company.
- Developed open-source ERP and CRM training systems to demonstrate CRM, PLM and manufacturing workflows.
- Designed a high-speed magnetic-field sensor data logger, including electronics design, PCB design, and firmware development.
- Developed ERPNext-based proof-of-concept PLM system for an Oil & Gas services company to evaluate consolidating features from legacy engineering and manufacturing systems, including material management with batch and serialized stock identification.
- Re-engineered Oil & Gas Smart Pig electronics to deal with end-of-life component obsolescences.
- Engineering lead for ISO-9001 certification of an electronics product development and manufacturing company, and re-certification engineering lead for another.
- Led development projects for GPS-based land survey, marine and GIS location and navigation systems, including mobile applications and desktop analysis software.
- Managed product development of vocal harmony technology products and provided technical support to licensed partners.
- Implemented a custom DSP ASIC for the first 20 cm survey-grade GPS receiver by developing a new (for its time) development workflow mixing schematic capture and VHDL, and using a high-level test language to achieve almost 100% fault test coverage.
- Founder of the open-source Maestro enterprise engineering infrastructure project.