I help product visionaries accelerate ROI through realistic goal setting, pragmatic project management and effective engineering data control, preserving capital and reducing risk.
Dale Scott, P.Eng. is a results-oriented technical professional, accomplished at managing all phases of product development and introduction to manufacturing. A specialist in high-tech embedded and distributed systems including IoT, Dale creates high-performing teams through collaborative processes based on truth, trust and transparency.
Dale can help you refine your vision, develop a new product, ramp manufacturing, or re-engineer enterprise processes to increase quality and save time and money. Residing in Calgary, AB, Canada, Dale is available for on-site or remote project consulting.
- Re-engineered an embedded industrial process control instrument with now-obsolete components to preserve revenue (updated electronics design, new PCB design, greenfield software development, verification testing).
- Helped a Silicon Valley startup expedite initial manufacturing by creating cohesive data-sets for product cost analysis, engineering change control and manufacturing, using a cloud PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system.
- Developed a standard test procedure guide to expedite verification testing in new product development projects.
- Assisted an Agtech company to expedite moving a new Ag-IoT hardware product from engineering development to production and sales, including managing cloud software development as product owner proxy and scrum master.
- Developed a proof-of-concept data logger to aid patent commercialization. The proof-of-concept design could be scaled to production, accelerating time-to-market.
- Founded an open-source software project to develop a proof-of-concept web-based engineering data management and inventory control system for use within an Oil & Gas services company.
- Implemented X-Ray inspection in the re-verification process for electrical cables to increase customer quality, complying with corporate Management of Change policies and procedures.
- Created technology product roadmaps according to management visions, providing clarity to the enterprise and stakeholders, including product requirements and project plans.
- Developed engineering and manufacturing process documentation to comply with business quality policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
Dale is a registered Professional Engineer with APEGA, with a B.Eng. in Computer Engineering from the University of Victoria, and certificates in Computer Science and PMI® PMBOK® Project Management from Mount Royal University.