I help product visionaries succeed by preserving capital and accelerating ROI through realistic goal setting, pragmatic project management and effective engineering data control.
Dale Scott, P.Eng. is a results-oriented technical professional, accomplished at managing all phases of product development and introduction to manufacturing. A specialist in high-tech embedded computing and internet-of-things (IoT) , Dale builds successful high-performing teams through collaborative processes based on truth, trust and transparency.
Let Dale help refine your vision, complete new product development, ramp manufacturing, or re-engineer enterprise processes to increase quality and save time and money. Residing in Calgary, AB, Canada, Dale is available for full-time or project-based work, on-site or remote.
Dale is a registered Professional Engineer and Member of APEGA. He has a B.Eng. in Computer Engineering from the University of Victoria, and certificates in Computer Science and PMI® PMBOK®-based Project Management from Mount Royal University.
- Managed engineering drawings and manufacturing process documentation for a successful consumer electronics IoT startup with remotely distributed team members.
- Managed the NPI process and developed a strategic product roadmap for a successful agricultural IoT product, including roles as product owner and scrum master for cloud software development.
- Developed a high sensor-count, high sample-rate, low power-consumption proof-of-concept data logger to support commercialization of a patent.
- Founded an open-source development project and led development of a web-based proof-of-concept engineering product data management and inventory control system for an Oil & Gas services company.
- Incorporated X-Ray inspection in the re-verification test process for electrical cables to improve customer job quality and satisfaction, and reduce job cost.
- Developed the engineering processes to support successful ISO-9001 business certification for two separate organisations.
- Developed strategic technology development roadmap and performed demonstrations to potential development partners.
- Managed development of custom private-labelled prosumer and industrial embedded-type products to meet client requirements and expectations.
- Developed a hybrid development process and implement the custom signal processing integrated circuit for the first commercial sub-decimeter GPS receiver.
- Developed training modules and provided training in PDM/PLM, ERP, QMS, CRM, VHDL-based electronics design, and x86 assembly-language programming.