I help product visionaries succeed by accelerating ROI through realistic goal setting, pragmatic project management and effective engineering data control, accelerating time to market while preserving capital and reducing risk.
Dale Scott is a results-oriented technical professional, accomplished at managing all phases of product development and introduction to manufacturing. A specialist in high-tech embedded and distributed systems including IoT, Dale creates high-performing teams through collaborative processes based on truth, trust and transparency.
Dale can help you refine your vision, develop a new product, ramp manufacturing, or re-engineer enterprise processes to increase quality and save time and money. Residing in Calgary, AB, Canada, Dale is available for full-time or project-based work, on-site or remote.
Dale was awarded a B.Eng. in Computer Engineering from the University of Victoria, has certificates in Computer Science and PMI® PMBOK®-based Project Management from Mount Royal University, and is a registered Professional Engineer and Member of APEGA.
- Preserving sales by re-engineering an industrial process control instrument designed with now-obsolete components.
- Helped a Silicon Valley startup expedite initial manufacturing by creating cohesive data-sets for product cost analysis, engineering change control and manufacturing, using a cloud PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system.
- Assisted an Agtech company to move their new Ag-IoT product in development out of engineering and into production as quickly as possible. Also led cloud software development as product owner proxy and scrum master.
- Developed a data logger for proof-of-concept commercialization of a patent. The hardware was designed to be readily scalable, reducing subsequent productization effort and overall time-to-market.
- Founded an open-source software project to develop a proof-of-concept web-based engineering data management and inventory control system for use within an Oil & Gas services company.
- Implemented X-Ray inspection in the re-verification process for electrical cables for improved customer quality, navigating bureaucracy and developing new quality system processes.
- Developed strategic technology roadmaps in conjunction with senior management to guide the business and provide clarity to stakeholders. Developed product requirements to direct custom product development. Developed process documents for quality system certification.