I help product visionaries accelerate ROI through realistic goal setting, pragmatic project management and effective engineering data control, preserving capital and reducing risk.
Dale Scott, P.Eng. is a results-oriented technical professional, accomplished at managing all phases of product development and introduction to manufacturing. A specialist in high-tech embedded and distributed systems including IoT, Dale creates high-performing teams through collaborative processes based on truth, trust and transparency.
Dale can help you refine your vision, develop a new product, ramp manufacturing, or re-engineer enterprise processes to increase quality and save time and money. Residing in Calgary, AB, Canada, Dale is available for on-site or remote project consulting.
- Managed a greenfield project to re-engineer an embedded industrial process control instrument to replace obsolete components and protect an existing revenue stream, develop new software compliant with current best practices, and provide a stepping stone to future products.
- Helped a Silicon Valley startup to understand product costs and expedite initial manufacturing by developing a cost model based and cohesive product model using a cloud PLM system (Product Lifecycle Management).
- Developed a test procedure guide to guide product verification testing.
- Managed New Product Introduction for a new IoT-type hardware product for an Agtech company including product owner and scrum master for cloud services and mobile app development.
- Assisted a technology inventor to develop a proof-of-concept sensor for patent commercialization.
- Founded an open-source software project to develop a proof-of-concept web-based engineering data management and inventory control system for internal use by an Oil & Gas services company.
- Proved feasibility of and implemented X-Ray inspection for electrical cable re-verification by an Oil & Gas services company.
- Assisted product visionaries provide clarity with technology roadmaps, product cost models and project plans.
- Developed engineering and manufacturing processes for compliance with business and regulatory requirements.
Dale is a registered Professional Engineer with APEGA, with a B.Eng. in Computer Engineering from the University of Victoria, and certificates in Computer Science and PMI® PMBOK® Project Management from Mount Royal University.