The SCC BSS project is looking for a detail-oriented Web Application Developer.
The SCC BSS is a free and open source Business Support System, incorporating a data model based on transparency with trust, and especially suited to SME design and manufacturing organizations.
This is a unpaid temporary project-based position, suitable for student project or internship work. Team members work from their own locations, but preferably live in the Calgary area for attending occasional in-person project meetings.
- Component-project integration
- Common user-authentication strategy and implementation
- Software revision control strategy and implementation (Mercurial)
- Component project new-feature implementation
- Participate in determining strategic direction
- Demonstrated ability developing application software for a Unix-like PHP/MySQL production environment
- Certificate, diploma, or degree in a related field
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Troubleshooting ability
- Experience in free and open source web application development for a Unix-like PHP/MySQL production environment and following industry best practices, including version control (e.g. Git), rapid prototyping, requirements traceability, etc.
- Experience developing on a full-stack PHP application framework (e.g. Yii).
- Experience with industry best practices, including ISO 9001:2008, failure reporting and corrective action systems, electronic document control or records management, manufacturing bills of materials and change management processes (including supplier and manufacturer specification), bookkeeping, accounting, process and business metrics and dashboards, regulatory compliance conformance requirements (e.g. WHMIS, EMI/EMC, ROHS, ATEX), etc.
- Experience with internet fundamentals and security, LAN/WAN, firewall, vpn, cloud computing, RSS, virtualization, etc.
Submit a request to be considered using the Contact Form. You will be contacted for further information.