The Maestro project is looking for a detail-oriented Unix System Administrator.
Maestro is a free and open source Business Support System, incorporating a data model based on transparency with trust, and especially suited to SME design and manufacturing organizations.
This is a unpaid temporary project-based position, suitable for student project or internship work. Team members work remotely.
- unix server administration and maintenance (e.g. FreeBSD)
- Authentication services configuration (e.g. OpenSSL, CyrusSASL, Courier Authlib)
- HTTP server configuration (e.g. Apache 2, Nginx)
- Scripting (e.g. csh, PHP, Python)
- Security config and admin (e.g. OpenVPN, pf)
- Database server config and admin (e.g. MariaDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Participate in determining project strategic direction
- Demonstrated ability administering and maintaining unix servers (e.g. FreeBSD, Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS, OpenSUSE)
- Certificate, diploma, or degree in a related field
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Troubleshooting ability
- Experience in free and open source web application development for a unix PHP/MySQL production environment and following industry best practices, including distributed version control systems (e.g. Git), rapid prototyping, agile development, requirements traceability, etc.
- Experience with industry best practices, including ISO 9001:2008, failure reporting and corrective action systems, electronic document control or records management, manufacturing bills of materials and change management processes (including supplier and manufacturer specification), bookkeeping, accounting, process and business metrics and dashboards, regulatory compliance conformance requirements (e.g. WHMIS, EMI/EMC, ROHS, ATEX), etc.
- Experience with internet fundamentals and security, LAN/WAN, firewall, vpn, cloud computing, RSS, virtualization, etc.
Submit your interest to be considered using the Contact Form.