The SCC BSS project is looking for a detail-oriented Unix System Administrator.
The SCC BSS is a free and open source Business Support System, incorporating a data model based on transparency with trust, and especially suited to SME design and manufacturing organizations.
This is a unpaid temporary project-based position, suitable for student project or internship work. Team members work from their own locations, but preferably live in the Calgary area for attending occasional in-person project meetings.
- Server administration, update maintenance and task documentation (FreeBSD)
- Authentication services configuration (OpenSSL, CyrusSASL, Courier Authlib)
- HTTP server configuration (Apache 2)
- Scripting (cron, csh, PHP)
- Security config and admin (OpenVPN, pf)
- Database server config and admin (MySQL)
- Web app config (MediaWiki, WebERP, OpenDocMan, Mantis, Achievo, Moodle)
- Participate in determining project strategic direction
- Demonstrated ability administering and maintaining FreeBSD or other Unix-like systems
- Certificate, diploma, or degree in a related field
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Troubleshooting ability
- Experience in free and open source web application development for a Unix-like PHP/MySQL production environment and following industry best practices, including distributed version control systems (e.g. Mercurial), rapid prototyping, requirements traceability, etc.
- Experience with industry best practices, including ISO 9001:2008, failure reporting and corrective action systems, electronic document control or records management, manufacturing bills of materials and change management processes (including supplier and manufacturer specification), bookkeeping, accounting, process and business metrics and dashboards, regulatory compliance conformance requirements (e.g. WHMIS, EMI/EMC, ROHS, ATEX), etc.
- Experience with internet fundamentals and security, LAN/WAN, firewall, vpn, cloud computing, RSS, virtualization, etc.
Submit a request to be considered using the Contact Form. You will be contacted for further information.