MaestroTM is an open-source proof-of-concept ERP for EngineersTM, providing Transparency with TrustTM to design, manufacturing and support teams by managing information related to projects, parts, stock, issues and people.
Drawing inspiration from Parts&VendorsTM (and supporting database migration), Maestro adds enterprise features such as true multi-user client-server operation, integrated document control, and stock management – managing serial numbers and production lots. Demo data included with Maestro is based on the fictional Swift Construction Company (the SCC).
Maestro is developed as an Open Source project and uses the permissive business-friendly BSD 2-Clause License. The goal of the Maestro project is to develop a integrated business management solution suitable for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) to manage parts, projects, issues, stock, files and users.
Maestro provides provides Transparency with Trust to design, manufacturing and support teams.
Maestro is made up of inter-related modules.
- Parts (part numbers, revisions, sources, bills-of-materials…)
- Projects (people, schedule, effort, material…)
- Issues (relationships, investigations, conclusions, actions…)
- Stock (serial numbers and quantities, purchasing, production, sales…)
- Files (engineering and ad hoc documents, revisions, author, editors, tags…)
- Users (user truth, role-based access control…)
- Demo (www.swiftconstructioncompany.net)
- Maestro project repository
- Maestro Wiki
- SCC Quality System Manual
MaestroTM, ERP for EngineersTM and Transparency with TrustTM are unregistered trademarks of Dale R. Scott, and can be used according to the Maestro Trademark and Logo Policy.