Dale Scott, P.Eng. is a results-oriented technical professional,
accomplished managing all phases of the high-tech product development life cycle, including related business process optimization.
- Engineering Project Management including strategic planning, cost and schedule forecasting, team building and recruiting, product lifecycle management (PLM), systems engineering, design for manufacturability, verification and validation testing (V&V), new product introduction (NPI) and manufacturing processes, ECR/ECO (change management) processes, technical sales and customer support, SR&ED claim support.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) specifically related to PLM, raw and manufactured material traceability and control, supply chain control, MRP and manufacturing scheduling.
- Quality Management Systems including failure reporting and corrective action systems (FRACAS), ISO-9001 business process certification, Lean Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement (CI) and Management of Change (MOC).
Dale believes in a strategy of transparency with trust, values collaborative teamwork in decision making, and implements data-driven processes for measurable repeatable results. Dale creates clarity through crisp, efficient and consistent business processes tailored to the goals, strategy and people of an organization.
Dale is a registered Professional Engineer and Professional Member of APEGA. He was awarded a B.Eng. in Computer Engineering from the University of Victoria, and certificates in Computer Science and PMI® PMBOK®-based Project Management from Mount Royal University.
Let Dale help you complete new product development, ramp manufacturing, or re-engineer enterprise processes to save time and money. Residing in Calgary, AB, Canada, Dale is available for full-time or project work, either on-site or remote. Contact Dale using the Contact form to discuss potential opportunities. You can also find Dale on LinkedIn.
- Successful new product introduction (NPI) for a wireless IoT device, involving coordination of business stake-holders, hardware and firmware project management, and product owner and scrum master for mobile and cloud software development.
- Developed strategic product roadmap for an agricultural technology company, including development cost and schedule forecasts.
- Developed an high-performance low-power sensor data logger to support commercialization of a technology patent. Used a TI ARM Cortex-M4F, work included electronics/PCB design and firmware coding.
- Developed proof-of-concept web-based PLM system for an Oil & Gas services company, including coding, database schema and BSD/Linux system administration.
- Integrate X-Ray inspection into the re-verification process for electrical cables to improve quality with reduced support costs and complying with corporate Management of Change process.
- Developed a proof-of-concept material management system with material traceable by lot and serial number, and supporting product disassembly for sub-assembly re-verification.
- Responsible for successful ISO-9001 certification of engineering product development processes for two seperate enterprises.
- Managed development of several private-labelled industrial technology hardware and software products for a variety of customers, including negotiating product requirements and project schedule and project management.
- Implemented a custom DSP integrated circuit (ASIC) enabling the first commercial GPS receiver with sub-decimeter accuracy.
- Developed training modules for demonstrating ERP, CRM, and PLM workflows.
- Leveraged open-source software projects to successfully share development costs between non-competing contributors.